Pages

Sunday 5 October 2008

2 riggers of the week ;)

there are lots of talented people in the industry, I thought I would point out two of them here, as my friend sent me this demo of bi-directional constraining from Andrea Maiolo, who with Tim Nailor also released 2 DVDs about this topic (partI, partII):
html with quicktime video (sound goes off few times)

Then I found Maiolo was nominated Maya Master 2008 and here`s some info that surprised me, it says he built new skinning paradigm in Maya after ILM converted to new software (I guess Zeno) and that he also programmed simple 3d spinning visualisation of a car before going to college. Well done! :) More about ILM skinning in links below...

Tim Nailor`s perspective of rigger in ILM (2003)
It looks like, meawhile he moved with few other ex-ILMs over to head Character Development in new Lightstream Animation Studios, siggraph link.

If you want to see both guys under bright Californian sun talking about their excitement for their work and some interesting thoughts, download this quicktime from 3december 2005 archive.

And this is really nice portion of links on Maiolo`s website, some candy for riggers, check it out... plus Siggraph 2005 class about Starwars EpIII character pipeline pdf...

No comments: