Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2012

compiling under Windows 64bit Visual Studio C++

I just found one solution to a compiling problem, which seems to make few people stuck. I was trying to compile a Maya 2012 64bit plugin under Windows using Visual Studio C++ Express 2010. I have installed all needed libraries like .NET Framework SDK and Windows 7.1 SDK. Then in VS set the platform to x64, but I was still getting some missing libraries. Example:


fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'kernel32.lib'
or
fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'opengl32.lib'

Then from one forum I found the solution. You need to set in Configuration Properties > General > Platform Toolset "Windows7.1SDK". This made the linker work without a problem.



(click on the image to enlarge)

About the Visual Studio Express. I`m using it because it`s free to download from Microsoft and offers high comfort of developing and debugging in C++. Even compiling under 64bit, which didn`t require any purchase updgrade.

No comments: